What Information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information (“Information”) necessary for us to process your order or register you for an account. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
Customers of Woodside Pizza
The Information which we collect from you and hold includes your first and last name, day and month of birth, postal address, telephone and mobile number(s), email address, details of your order (i.e. your last four orders, your delivery address or preferred pick-up location), IP address and credit card details. In respect of your credit card details we only hold limited information as detailed further below under ‘How and why do we use your information? Payment Details’. If required, we may request your bank details in order to process a refund of your order.
When you place an order with us online using Woodside Pizza internet ordering system (whether via the Woodside Pizza website itself or an application on a smart device), we collect additional Information from you such as:
- your IP address as part of your order;
- your feedback;
- your entries into our competitions and draws;
- your menu preferences and previous order information;
- any delivery instructions or comments;
- any information, personal or otherwise, that you include in your order either by telephone, in person or via online ordering or an App about your delivery instructions.
How and why do we use your Information?
We use your Information for a variety of purposes including for processing orders, providing our products and/or services to you and for any other purpose for which it was provided to us, or other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- providing you with email and/or SMS confirmation of your order;
- providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested (this includes services and functions on a downloaded Domino’s application for a smart device);
- to create a new Online Ordering account;
- processing any orders you place with us (including displaying your order name and order status on screen in store);
- to do our best to ensure your delivery meets the instructions you provide to us;
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- judging competitions, fulfilling prizes, awards and purchases;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as good and/or services;
- conducting analyses of orders and purchasing habits so that we can better tailor the ordering experience, products and services for our customers;
- for advertising and direct marketing, including sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you or authorising third parties to send their offers or information on products or services where you have indicated interest in or consented to receiving third party offers;
- to assist in the delivery of your order to your door and to verify your credit card or PayPal (available in Australia only) payment;
- to help you remember and re-order from our menu in future; and
- to provide you with an SMS to inform you when your order is on its way or ready for pick-up from one of our stores;
- requesting your feedback on our products and/or services;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our databases;
- sales trends analysis, stock management and sales and stock reporting;
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information;
- to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law; and
- to assist government and health authorities and other relevant entities with contact tracing in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sometimes we receive data from our affiliates, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) understand our customer’s online, ordering and purchasing activity, and generally make Woodside Pizza’s a better experience for our customer. For example, a customer’s order may tell us information about the customer (like what their pizza
- or sides preferences are) in order to measure the effectiveness of – and improve the quality of – our customer’s ordering experience.
- We may also put together data from the information we already have about a customer so we can offer and suggest a variety of products, deals or offers and features to our customer, or customize the ordering experience for the customer.
- Payment details
- We do not store any credit card details for in-store orders.
- Internet orders can be paid by cash in store, debit cards, e-voucher or pre-paid using NAB Transact (available in Australia only), or a valid credit card (which must be presented upon receipt of your order). Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however the full details are not saved once the order is
- processed. The credit card details we hold are: the name on the card, expiry date and the masked version of the credit card (ie first 6 digits and last 4 digits).
Access, accuracy and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your Information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Please let us know if you believe that any of your Information requires updating or correction by the ‘Contact Us’ section
You can request access to, or deletion of, your Information that we hold at any time by contacting us by through ‘Contact Us’ page.
We may decline your request to access or correct or delete your Information in certain circumstances in accordance with the applicable privacy laws. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of a request for correction, we will include a statement with your Information about the requested correction.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data protection or security measure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Information, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.